Whatever the age, make or model of your vehicle, the condition of your tyres is essential to ensure your safety on the roads.
In fact, your car tyres are so important there is specific legislation in place regarding their condition and maintenance that must be
adhered to at all times - failure to do so risks a fine, invalidation of your car insurance and endangers your own life and the lives of others.
At Lings we have a selection of tyres in stock starting from £29.99, including manufacturer recommended tryes from make such
as Bridgestone, Continental and Dunlop, and work with local and national suppliers to offer a huge range to suit your vehicle.
- Tyre must be fit for purpose and be free from any defects which might damage the road or endanger any person
- Tyres must be correctly inflated to the vehicle manufacturer's and the tyre manufacturer's recommended pressure.
Fit for purpose means that a tyre must:
- Be compatible with the types of tyre fitted to the other wheels
- Not have any lump, bulge or tear caused by separation or partial failure of the structure
- Not have a cut or tear in excess of 25mm or 10% of the sectional width of the tyre, and which is deep enough to reach the ply or cord
- Not have any part of the ply or cord exposed
Tread depth must not fall below the legal minimum. The tread is the part of the tyre in contact with the road in normal conditions.
The minimum depth of tread depends on the class of vehicle. Tyres falling below the minimum standrad will not pass an MOT and will
need replacing immediately.
Contact us today if you're concerned about your tyres - our friendly and knowledgable Aftersales Team will be happy to answer
your questions and arrange a fitting for your car. Call 01502 537444 or book online today